Hey testers! We’re kicking off this week with a kickass beta release. Along with a few bug fixes, this update includes Intel Quick Sync acceleration for broadcasting — available on most recent Intel CPUs — and a solution for the frequent game disconnects experienced when playing Civilization V in Evolve’s party system. Read on for the full changelog.
- Added support for Intel’s Quick Sync, a hardware accelerated video encoding technology. If your machine sports an Intel CPU from the Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, or Haswell families, you should notice a significant performance improvement while broadcasting with Evolve.
- Improved video quality of broadcasts for game scenes involving a high degree of motion, such as when turning your character around in World of Warcraft.
- Fixed frequent disconnects in Civilization V and its expansion when playing LAN games via Evolve’s party system. The issue stems from choices made by the developers in how they implemented their multiplayer code, but we’ve identified and implemented a fix that works around the issue. Make sure you tell your friends!
- Fixed an issue that caused an error dialog to be shown when starting a game on Windows XP.
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash if another instance of the client was launched while the client was already running.